Remote Learning Period Times
Wherever possible*, students should then follow their normal timetable (available on XUNO) to complete their assigned work for the day. Lesson times will be:
|9:00 – 9:15||Mentor Group|
|9:15 – 10:00||Period 1|
|10:00 – 10:45||Period 2|
|10:45 – 11:15||Morning Break|
|11:15 – 12:00||Period 3|
|12:00 – 12:45||Period 4|
|12:45 – 1:45||Lunch Break|
|1:45 – 2:30||Period 5|
|2:30 – 3:15||Period 6|
3 August – News Update
REMOTE LEARNING AT CSC FROM WEDNESDAY
Dear Parents and Carers
As you’re now aware, Remote Learning for all Victorian schools resumes from Wednesday 5 August. Tomorrow (Tuesday 4 August) is a state-wide “student free” day to allow schools to plan for a return to Remote Learning. Throughout today and tomorrow, I will be consulting with our staff and receiving further information from the Department of Education and Training before finalising some of the finer details about what Remote Learning at CSC will look like this term.
I will send another update tomorrow confirming all of the details about how this new period of Remote Learning will work; however, the general arrangements that were in place during the period of Remote Learning in Term Two will be the same. This includes:
1) All students who can work from home must do so. The permitted exceptions are:
• Children whose parents cannot work from home
• Vulnerable children
• Any child with a disability
If you believe your child meets one of these exempt categories, please contact me or Mr Hird via Reception to discuss on-site supervision options for your child at school. Students who attend school will be undertaking the same Remote Learning as they would be if they were working from home.
Please note the following arrangements for students attending school:
- School busses will continue to operate.
- The canteen will not be open (students will need to bring their own food).
- Neat casual dress will be permitted instead of school uniform.
2) Remote Learning will be delivered primarily through Google Classrooms again. Most students should still have access to their Google Classrooms from Term Two, and teachers have been instructed to remind their students of the log-in codes today. We will also update the list of access codes for all Google Classrooms and publish this information to parents and carers before Wednesday morning.
3) Access to computers. We will be lending school devices to families who do not have access to a computer for Remote Learning. Computers can be collected by parents and carers from our new Library at the following times:
- 12:00pm – 4:00pm – Tuesday 4 August
- 8:30am – 4:30pm – Wednesday 5 August – Friday 7 August
Upon entering the school, we ask parents and carers to ensure they are wearing their face mask and that they sanitise their hands. There will be a computer loan agreement that we require a parent or carer to sign.
4) Access to internet. During Term Two we provided several families with internet “dongles.” If you were issued with one of these dongles and you require a data “top-up”, then please telephone our Reception for this to be arranged. We also have more dongles we can provide to families who need them. If provision of a dongle with sufficient data will not solve your problem accessing reliable internet, then please contact Reception so that we can discuss other options for supporting your child with access to the internet.
5) Provision of “hard copy” work. Students requiring “hard copy” or printed work can request this directly from their teachers, or parents and carers can request this work via Reception.
6) Our school Reception will remain open from 8:30am and 4:30pm every day this week to support students, parents and carers with inquiries. Where possible, we encourage families to make contact with Reception via telephone or email. Later in the week I will provide more details about Reception opening hours beyond this week.
7) VCE and VCAL arrangements. Unfortunately, this reversion to Remote Learning causes more uncertainty for our Year 12 students. Over the coming week or two, we will be learning more about any changes to Year 12 programs and assessments. We will be keeping in close contact with VCE students and their families to keep them up to date with what is occurring.
Tomorrow, I will send another update confirming a few more details about this term’s Remote Learning. This update will include confirmation of daily timetable arrangements and important reminders about wellbeing support for students and families.
Please let us know if you have any queries, or if your family requires support during these challenging times.
What is a Google Classroom?
If you are unsure about what these Google Classrooms look like, and how they work, please encourage your child to show you. Please also find below a link to a YouTube video which explains how Google Classrooms work (apologies I couldn’t find a good Australian video):
How can I get ICT support?
Our school ICT Technicians will continue to work during school hours throughout the term. Please contact our school Reception (5479 1111) if your child requires ICT support.
How can I support learning from home?
It will be essential that students maintain healthy sleep patterns, continue to complete their school work during school hours and engage in daily physical activity. I encourage families to read the valuable advice and information from the DET’s “Learning from Home” website:
The CSC Wellbeing Webpage is another important resource I urge students and parents to access. This webpage is available via our CSC website (under the “School Life” menu) or via the following link: