When I use technology, both at CSC and at home I have responsibilities and rules to follow. I agree to:
- be a safe user whenever and wherever I use that technology
- be responsible whenever and wherever I use technology and support others by being respectful in how I talk to and work with them and never write or participate in online bullying. This includes forwarding messages and supporting others in harmful, inappropriate or hurtful online behaviour
- report to an adult if I feel unsafe or uncomfortable online or see a friend being unsafe or being made to feel uncomfortable by others
When at CSC I agree to:
- behave in a way outlined in the CSC’s Code of Conduct when online or using mobile technology
- keep myself and my friends safe by not giving out personal details including full names, telephone numbers, addresses and images and protecting my password
- use the technology at CSC for learning, use the equipment properly and not interfere with the work or data of another student
- not bring or download unauthorised programs or files
- not go looking for rude or offensive sites
- use an online name and avatar when sharing my work online
- remember that the content on the web is someone’s property and ask my teacher / parent to help me get permission if I want to use information or pictures
- think carefully about what I read on the internet, question if it is from a reliable source and use the information to help me answer any questions (I should not copy and paste the information as my answer)
- talk to my teacher or another adult if:
- I need help online
- I am not sure what I should be doing on the internet
- I come across sites which are not suitable
- someone writes something I don’t like, or makes me and my friends feel uncomfortable or asks me to provide information that I know is private
- I feel that the welfare of other students at the CSC are being threatened
When using my mobile device as a camera I will:
- Only take photos and record sound or video when it is part of a class or lesson.
- Seek permission from individuals involved PRIOR to taking photos, recording sound or videoing them (including teachers).
- Seek written permission from individuals involved PRIOR to publishing or sending photos, recorded sound or video to anyone else or to any online space.
- Be respectful in how I talk to and work with others online and never write or participate in online bullying.
- Seek teacher permission before uploading any content to websites, blog etc.
This Acceptable Use Policy for Mobile Devices also applies to students during excursions, camps and extra-curricular activities.