Moving from primary to secondary education can be a significant expense for families. To help prepare for this transition, CSC provides a guide to the potential expenses as well as assistance available to help manage them.
Bring Your Own Device Program (Personal Computer): From $653
Students are required to bring their own device to CSC to access online resources. Costs will vary according to family choice with the minimum requirements. For example, Lenovo laptops are priced from $653. Go to the BYOD page for more information.
Camps and Excursions: $250 – $400
Attendance at camps and excursions is optional but highly recommended to enhance learning and enable further development of relationships between students as well as with their teachers. Costs vary according to the activity. As a guide, excursions are approximately $15 and mentor or year level excursions up to $40 each.
Music camp is approximately $400 and is open to all students undertaking instrumental music lessons.
Photos: $33 – $46
Photos of all students and staff are taken on Mentor Day at the start of term one each year for student photos and CSC/PTV ID cards. Order forms are distributed at this time and families have a fortnight to submit an order. Various packs are available to choose from.
Year 7 Estimated Expenses
Using these examples explained and highlighted again below, costs could total $2,071 per student.
|Essential Student Learning Items||$300|
|Text books and stationery||$285|
|Year 7 Camp||$250-$300|
Support for Families
The above information hopefully provides a clearer picture as to what expenses your family can expect when your child commences Year 7 at CSC. Fortunately, CSC assists families to manage payments in a number of ways, including,
1. Arranging a payment plan such as a regular direct debit to CSC or Centrepay deductions;
2. Assisting eligible families to access funds through the Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund (CSEF);
3. Assisting eligible families to access uniform items (including shoes) through the State Schools Relief fund;
4. Supporting a second hand book and uniform sale twice a year (end of Term 1 and late November following the release of the resource lists); and
5. Offering online payments: BSB: 313 140, ACC: 1202 8220, Reference: Child’s name and brief description of payment (ie fees)
To discuss payment options, eligibility of access to support funds, or to book an appointment, please contact Family Finance Manager, Karen Burton on 5479 1111 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome and encourage these conversations as early to possible prior to students commencing at CSC.
The information provided is a guide only as the choices families make for their child or children will impact on expenses incurred. The amounts shown are valid for 2020 and may vary for 2021.