For families who live more than 4.8kms from Castlemaine Secondary College, the Department of Education (DET), in conjunction with Public Transport Victoria (PTV), provide bus transport for students to travel to and from school.
For the School Bus Program eligibility guidelines, please go to https://www.education.vic.gov.au/school/teachers/transport/Pages/schoolbus.aspx#link19
To apply for travel, please complete the Application to Travel and read the Conditions of Travel information following the application. These forms are also included in the Welcome to CSC enrolment booklet available online or from CSC Reception.
Returning completed forms
Post: PO Box 57, Castlemaine, 3450
In person: CSC Reception, Blakeley Road, Castlemaine.
CSC will then process your application in accordance with DET and PTV policy.
Approved bus travellers will be provided with:
- bus service name
- bus stop location
- bus stop pick up and set down times
Student’s who wish to travel on the bus as a one off, need to have a bus pass to travel. A note from their parent/carer stating the date, reason for travel, destination and name, needs to provided to the bus co-ordinator or office. Times they can be applied for are: before school, recess and lunch.
Mask wearing on buses
Our buses are part of the PTV network hence we are required to wear masks whilst traveling on the bus to and from school when we are requested to in the Covid Restrictions protocols. The only exception to this are people who have a mask exemption.
Refusal to comply may result in a suspension to travel on the bus.
- Can I catch the bus in town afterschool from St Mary’s stop?
- No, unless you have a bus pass issued
- Can I travel on other buses?
- You are only permitted to travel on the bus/es you are assigned to, unless you have a bus pass
- Am I aloud to have a friend travel to my house on the bus?
- Yes if you have a signed note from the parent requesting a bus pass if the bus has a free seat on that day.
- Can my child catch a bus to sports training when that is outside 4.8km from the school and I don’t normally catch that bus?
- We have an Adhoc Travel Application which can be used for a sports season. This allows the students to travel on particular day/s if there is unallocated seats on the request bus route.